University of Bydgoszcz
Introduction by The Rector
University of Bydgoszcz is a private higher education institution that has been established in 2004 in accordance with the permission of Ministry of Science and Higher Education (doc. No. MEN-DSW-3-4001-731/JG/04).
Choosing to take up study is a major investment for our students and their future personal career. We understand the many various reasons why people undertake efforts towards improving their skills and raising level of their knowledge that is a major stimulant for creating of our learning environment, infrastructure and reputation. Students are part of our community and working together with our staff to achieve successful future and satisfaction to their professional and personal lives. We are passionate about the contribution students make to our society. Study in our University can offer the opportunity to develop new professional skills or even change career path. Our University provides a range of services to support disabled students (alternative examination arrangements, adapted infrastructure – elevator, wide corridors, adapted rooms) and we are aware of their individual requirements.
- University of Bydgoszcz was founded in 2004 by Jan Skotarczak, Ryszard Ziętek and Andrzej Jurkowski, thanks to their ambitious, huge knowledge and hard work and received approval from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education. Youth is our strength. In the first year we established three years undergraduate program in Administration. Cooperation with Volkswagen was started in November 2004.
- Cooperation with BA Staatliche Studienakademie Glauchau, Germany was established in July 2005 and with Polish Labour Unions Forum in November 2005.
- Cooperation with Dragomanov Pedagogical University in Kiev was established in June 2006.
- In November 2006 University was granted the right to start new faculty – Production Management and Engineering.
- Cooperation with the International Academy of Sciences in San Marino was started in February 2007.
From the first year of our activity strong emphasis was placed on teaching quality and modern facilities that create friendly environment for our students and staff. University has own building at Unia Lubelska Street with floor space of 3000 square meters and the next building at Kosciuszki Street with floor space of 2000 square meters. The University has the following facilities:
- amphitheatre hall for 360 people,
- 4 lecture halls for 160 people each,
- chemical and physical laboratories,
- classrooms for language teaching,
- library with reading room,
- staff and administration offices,
- service area includes bar, Internet kiosks, photocopying room, bookstore,
- audio visual appliances in all lecture halls,
- 3 laboratories.
We design our courses in consultation with people working in the industry and institutions and regularly update content of our courses according real trends in the market. We continually monitor our courses to ensure they are innovative and relevant. We offer our students choice and flexibility, so they can tailor their study to suit their interests. For many of our postgraduate courses students can use their freshly acquired experience and knowledge in the workplaces. We offer educational programme on full-time and part-time basis and post graduate studies and vocational trainings. All of them give our students a high level of flexibility.
- Administration of environment protection
- Control and internal audit
- Economic administration
- Administration of public security
- Public administration
- Administration of the judiciary
- Organization and management in administration
- European administration
- Financial administration and advice
- Hygiene and epidemiology
- Management & Promotion of the Healthy Lifestyle (Wellness)
- Organisation and Management in Social Care System
- Management in Palliative & Geriatric Care
- Psychic Health & Psychotherapy of Addicted People
- Health insurance and contracting of health services
- Pedagogy of culture – manager of cultural events
- Geriatric pedagogy
- Movement therapy with corrective exercises
- Special pedagogy
- Resocialization pedagogy and prevention of addictions
- Care and educational pedagogy with pedagogical therapy
- Early education and preschool pedagogy
- Dermatological Cosmetology
- Health Care Cosmetology
Human Nutrition & Dietetics
- Dietetics in Sport and Biological Regeneration
- Dietetics and Nutrition Therapy
- Highway Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Technology and Organization
Production management & engineering
- Production Processes Engineering
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- Logistics & Transport Engineering
- Military Logistics
- Business Logistics
- Logistic Operator
- National security
- Human nutrition and dietetics
- Building Engineering, Production Management & Engineering
- Public Health
(1 year degrees, two semesters)
For those who have good Bachelors or Master degree.
- Dietetics and human nutrition
- Dietetics in internal and metabolic diseases
- Management of food quality & safety
- The modern manager in the healthcare system
- Career counseling and employment agency
- Information and Communication Technologies in School Pedagogy
- Preschool pedagogy with therapy of developmental disorders
- Therapeutic pedagogy with art therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Diagnosis of faulty posture with elements of corrective gymnastics
- Organization of social care
- Spa & Wellness
- Dermatology in cosmetology
- Cosmetic podiatry with rehabilitation
- Hygiene and epidemiology
- Safety management in state and local government
- Audit management in departments of public finance
- Management of logistics systems and transport
- Organization and management in administration
- Organization of the office work
- Archiving and protection of secret information
- Customs Administration
- Organization and management in the European Union institutions
- Engineering of renewable energy sources
- Logistics in uniformed services
- International logistics
Library is a part of our Centre of Information & Knowledge Management – one of the most important element of University’s educational structure. Our library house many books and journals and provide electronic services include bibliographic index, text databases and electronic journals. Most electronic information resources are available at any time and any place, 24 hours a day. Our staff can help students find information they need and provide open training, for example “Mastering web searching” or “How to use and assess information from various sources”. Our library and CIKM serve the educational and informational needs and demands not only our students and staff and have open public character. Information technology is used in the development new information dissemination network with easy and quick access to our and resources and data and information via the Internet. We have signed cooperation agreements with many libraries.
University’s Publishing House
UPH was founded in 2006. The main objectives are as follows:
- editorial work on preparation and release of publications, handbooks and monographs,
- release of promotional and advertising materials,
- preparation and release of “Academic Gazette” (monthly magazine shows current matters and news about student life and University,
- cooperation with other publishing houses and distributors,
- publishing of translation of books written by foreign authors,
- participation in book fairs in Poland,
- publishing of books written by foreign authors.
Among the teachers are both researchers as well as professionals from various spheres of public and business life. Classes are taught by experts with teaching experience and research staff of universities with extensive practical experience. In addition to our own staff we employ academic teachers recruited from universities and institutions such as:
- University of Lodz
- University of Warsaw
- Medical University of Lodz
- Warsaw University of Technology
- Centre for Health Technology
- The National Health Fund
and high-class professionals with teaching experience from:
- Tax Chambers
- Banks and brokerage houses
- Business tax and legal advice offices and agencies
- offices of state administration and local government
Our mission and strategy
The mission of the University of Bydgoszcz is the education and training of high skilled professionals in line with the growing needs of the developing economy in the country and Europe.
Our mission is to be the student-friendly school offering modern education at the highest quality.
We want to create the University which by high performance quality fully satisfied with our students, learners and staff.
Our mission is to promote transfer and application of knowledge in the fields of our interest.
- Ongoing investment in high quality modern teaching and learning facilities.
- Developing new courses to meet new industry needs.
- Expanding collaboration with foreign partners.
- Attracting more postgraduate students.
- Widening participation in mutual projects and programmes with external partners.
- Building an environment supportive to internationalization.
- Engaging in exchange programmes.
- Ongoing development of University’s identity by promoting the University in the industrial and public administration sectors.
Włodzimierz Majewski, Associate Prof.
Vice-rector for education
Magdalena Hagner-Derengowska, Associate Prof.
Tomasz Makowski, Msc
- Building Engineering
- National Security
- Public Health
- Production Management & Engineering
- Human Nutrition & Dietetics
- Professional Learning & Certification Centre „Edukator”
- Scientific Information & Knowledge Management Centre
- Foreign Cooperation Office
- Career & Employability Office
- University Publishing House
- Open University
By accelerating implementation of the internationalization of higher education institutions and establishing cooperation with universities and foreign companies, students will have the opportunity to continue their education and apprenticeship abroad. Extended language program will help students in their endeavors. Office for Strategic International Cooperation coordinates and develops cooperation with many foreign universities, mainly from the UK, Belgium, Scandinavia and the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Ukraine. International Summer University – School of Business in Wolsburg was already completed by several students of our University. attended by students from several countries.
Bydgoszcz is the capital city of the Kujawsko-Pomorskie Province and is the key junction of the E-70 international water route including rivers connecting Eastern and Western Europe. Situated between forests and lakes Bydgoszcz is excellent gateway to an exciting range of outdoor pursuits. City is placed in the north-central part of Poland and have above 360 thousands of inhabitants. The city is an important economic and cultural centre. Companies operating in different sectors, but particularly in telecommunication, chemical, plastic processing, food, logistics and renewable energy industries. Also Bydgoszcz with near 30 banks is a key financial centre of Poland.
Mariusz Trojanski Mng
University of Bydgoszcz (Bydgoska Szkoła Wyższa)
Unii Lubelskiej 4C Street 85-059 Bydgoszcz Poland
Phone: +48 52 343 26 45
Facsimile: +48 52 584 10 02
Mobile: +48 600 11 80 86